What is a birthday without a birthday cake? But make it a Birthday Cake cocktail! Mix creamy horchata liqueur, Licor 43, and pineapple juice. It tastes like birthday cake meets pineapple upside down cake! You will be celebrating all month like I did with this cocktail!
Look how gorgeous this cocktail is!
I just celebrated my 45th birthday. In honor to this milestone I had an idea of making a cocktail to celebrate. I am not a sweets kinda person but I don't mind a sweet cocktail. I treat my birthday like my personal holiday so it is worth of a great cocktail!!
What You'll Need to Create the Birthday Cake Cocktail
**See the Recipe Card Below for complete measurements**
I didn't want this cocktail to be overly sweet but yet it needed to taste like birthday cake. Also the spirits needed to work together. The mixology is simple but you want to use quality spirits. Here are the spirits and liquor that I used:
Caruva Horchata Cream Liqueur - This liqueur is available at Total Wine. It combines aromas of spicy bread and rice pudding, sweet creamy frosty vanilla with a hint of cinnamon cake.
Licor 43 - Spanish Liqueur with a complex but balanced flavor profile with citrus, spice touch of coriander, nuances of vanilla and soft notes of Mediterranean orange and lemon blossom. One of my favorite ways to drink 43 is with milk and cinnamon.
Pineapple Juice - Dole pineapple juice is adds the perfect touch of fruit and sweetness.
Frosting - I used white frosting, you will only need a 1 tsp.
Sprinkles - To make the cocktails fun I added sprinkles for the rim. The ones I used are Fancy Sprinkles, but you can use the ones you like.
Mixology of the Birthday Cake Cocktail
I had so much fun creating this cocktail. So I tried it a few times to ensure the quality of the cocktail!
- First you will need to prepare your glasses.
- With a knife smear frosting around the rim, then pour the sprinkles in a shallow plate and coat the glass rim. Set them aside.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, the horchata liqueur, Licor 43, and the juice.
- Shake vigorously until it is frothy.
- Add ice to the two prepared short glasses and pour cocktail mixture.
There you have the best birthday cake cocktail!
*Always drink responsibly 21+*
- You can use Brandy or Bourbon instead of Licor 43
- Baileys could be used instead of Horchata Liqueur
Some of My Favorite Cocktails
If you make this recipe I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below.
Birthday Cake Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shallow Plate + Butter Knife
- 2 short glasses
- 3 oz Caruva Horchata Cream Liqueur Available at Total Wine
- 2 oz Licor 43
- 3 oz Pineapple Juice
- 4-5 ice cubes for the shaker
- additional ice for glass
- Frosting + Sprinkles
- With a knife smear frosting on the glass' rim.
- In the shallow plate pour sprinkles and coat the glass rim. Set Aside.
- In the cocktail shaker add Horchata Cream Liqueur, Licor 43 and Pineapple Juice.
- Shake Vigorously until it's frothy.
- Add ice to the two short glasses and pour cocktail mixture.
- Enjoy! Salud!!