I was born in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, left my islita to venture new horizons when I was in my early twenties. Around that time I arrived to Texas and called San Antonio my second home for the next 20 years. We are a military family and currently living in Washington State.
Since I was a kid I remember being that person who was always taking photos. About 10 years ago I started my Instagram @hungrytravelingmama. I just loved posting photos of my trips, food and recipes. I wanted to inspire people to cook, travel and eat good food. It was my hobby while I was working full time and attending Grad School.
In March of 2022 I decided it was time to close a chapter on Hungry Traveling Mama and lead way to Café Sazón y Vida. It feels more like who I am and where I am heading. (You can check my instagram here: @cafesazonyvida)
Do you have photography training?
I don't have any formal photography training, I am a self taught photographer.
In 2013 I purchased a DSLR Nikon D3200 and decided that I was going to learn everything the camera could do inside out. I went to You Tube for resources and shot everyday. In 2017 I upgraded to the Nikon D750 full frame camera.
I also invested in the Foodtography School and it is one of the best things I could have done for myself and my photography. You have to be a lifetime student of your craft if you want to succeed.
Although I was having a lot of success on Instagram, I really wanted to have a place of my own where I could share my photos, recipes and guides. Late in 2017 I got serious about investing in a blog, bought a domain and started writing and creating content. In February 2018 I published my first Blog Post and it took off from there!!
I love to Cook and Share my Puerto Rican recipes!
I have no formal Culinary training, but I have been cooking for 33 years! My recipes are inspired by the dishes I grew up eating in Puerto Rico and from all the delicious food I have experienced in my travels. They are easy and approachable recipes. If you are a novice or experienced in the kitchen you will find something you like here.
I love to Travel and Explore
Being a Military family has provided us with opportunities to travel and experience the world. Check out some of my travel guides! HERE!
I am excited to share my corner of the internet with you. Thank you for being here and your unconditional support!
Fun Facts about me:
- Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons! So I love all things Halloween, Pumpkin y Navidad!
- I have a Masters Degree in Counseling and Guidance from Texas A&M and I am Licensed Therapist.
- I love a good Crafted cocktail and a Blood Orange Margarita is my go to (Get my recipe here!).
- My favorites things to cook with are Sofrito, Truffle Oil/Salt, Onions and lotsss of garlic.
- New Orleans is my favorite city and you will find me rooting for the Saints (WhoDat!)
- Keanu is my eternal crush and I will mention him often!
- Process shots are my favorites to photograph!
- I could eat Tostones, Crawfish Étouffée and Ceviche every day!
- True Crime documentaries and Podcasts are my way of relax!
- I thrift all my photography props and love finding vintage and unique props.
Want to Collaborate and Partner with Café Sazón y Vida?
Let's work together!!