Spruce up your instant ramen noodle soup with beer battered fish, boil eggs, spinach, and carrots. Easy meal under 30 minutes
*While this post was sponsored by Gorton's Seafood, recipe and opinions are my own"
I am always looking for easy and flavorful meals. Most days I am working on recipes, the blog, client meetings, helping the kids with homework that sometimes we want a quick meal. You can check other easy and quick recipes I have made using Gorton's Seafood Products:
- Simply Baked Salmon with Couscous and Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Easy Popcorn Shrimp with Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp Sandwich with Spicy Creamy Coleslaw
- Easy Fish and Chips
We are still in quarantine so I like to make meals like this Spruced up your instant ramen noodle soup with beer battered fish, boil eggs, spinach, and carrots. I'll explain below how I upgraded instant ramen into this better than take out meal.
What You will Need to Spruce Up Your Instant Ramen
Honestly you can always spruce instant ramen even if its with a few ingredients. These are the ingredients that make this packaged ramen from ok to a bowl of deliciousness!
- Instant Ramen - I usually get my ramen at the Asian market and you can use whichever brand you like. I prefer the spicy ones.
- Make your own broth - I use Vegetable Broth paste to make my own broth. I add it to 8 cups of water to make the ramen.
- Seasonings - I use about 1 tbsp. of adobo (find my recipe here) and 1 tbsp. of the packet of seasoning from the ramen. I try to cut the sodium intake this way.
- Veggies - I like to add Spinach and Carrots. Also you can add Bok Choy, Arugula, Corn, Radishes, Napa Cabbage, Endives, Avocado, the options are endless.
- Protein - While you can keep your ramen vegetarian or vegan by adding Tofu or meat substitute. I like pork belly, and pork or chicken katsu. For this recipe I swapped the katsu for Gorton's Seafood Beer Battered Fish Fillets. They are a great option and are good for the environment too. They are sustainably caught. Visit their website: www.gortons.com for availability at your local grocer.
- Toppings- These are a must for a great ramen. I add boil eggs, scallions (using the green and white part), cilantro and red pepper flakes. You can add fried red onion flakes, cheese, avocado, sriracha.
- Sesame oil - I use pure sesame oil. You want to use high quality sesame oil.
Cooking & Putting Together The Ramen
- Begin by placing 4 Beer Battered Fish fillets in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook according to directions.
- In a 4 qt Dutch oven, pour water, broth, seasoning, scallions and cilantro.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Ramen Noodles. Simmer until noodles are cooked. (do not overcook or they will turn into mush)
- In a bowl add noodles and broth.
- Top with boiled eggs, cilantro, scallions, carrots, spinach and red pepper flakes. Drizzle additional Sesame oil.
This serves 2 people. You can always double the recipe.
What do you like to put in your ramen? Leave me comment below!
Don't Forget to Pin this recipe for later on Pinterest.
You can also find me on Instagram @hungrytravelingmama where I share behind the scenes and videos!
Easy Instant Ramen Noodle Soup with Beer Battered Fish
- 4 qt Dutch Oven
- Measuring Cup + Spoons
- Cutting Board + Knife
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Soup Bowls + Chopsticks + Spoons
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tsp Vegetable Broth Paste
- 1 tbsp Adobo
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 med Carrot julienned
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 package Instant Ramen
- 1 package Gorton's Seafood Beer Battered Fillets
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- Red Pepper Flakes + Cilantro Sprigs + Scallions + Lemon Slices
- In a baking Sheet place 4 fish fillets and cook according to package.
- In a 4 qt Dutch Oven add water, vegetable broth paste, abodo + half the seasoning package from the ramen & add sesame oil. Add the white part of the scallions and about a few sprigs on cilantro.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add Ramen Noodles. Simmer until noodles are cooked.
- In a bowl add ramen noodles and broth.
- Top with eggs, spinach, carrots, Beer Battered filets. Garnish with cilantro, scallions, red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lemon.
- You can always add Sriracha or additional Red Pepper Flakes. Drizzle with additional Sesame Oil.
- Buen Provecho!
Leave a Reply