Fresh Apple Cider, hint of Citrus, Sweetness from the Maple Syrup and the warmth from the Whiskey makes this easy Apple Cider Whiskey Smash a Fall or Holiday favorite.
Fall and Cocktail Season!
Fall cocktails are my favorites! The warmth of the spirit with the combination of apple, pear, cranberry or any other seasonal fruits!
Here are some of the reader’s favorite Fall Cocktails:
- Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon Sangría
- Fig Apple Cider Bourbon Smash
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Coquito – Puerto Rican Nog
These cocktails are great on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years.
What Do You Need to Make this Apple Cider Whiskey Smash?
*The recipe card below have all the exact measurements*
When I used to host parties this cocktails was always a request. Everybody always asked for the recipe. So here is what you need to make this delicious cocktail:
Apple Cider – I always try to use fresh apple cider. The flavor is always best.However that sometimes getting fresh apple cider is not possible. Trader Joe’s and Target have a good apple cider.
Whiskey – I am using Uncle Nearest 1884 Whiskey. It’s distilled in a small batch in Nearest Green Distillery. A Black Owned Distillery in Shelbyville, TN. You can find more information on Uncle Nearest by visiting their website here.
Maple Syrup – I like to use Pure Maple syrup like Trader Joe’s Brand. This gives it a warmth fall flavor.
Orange Juice – Fresh orange juice from navel oranges is the best but sometimes I use bottled juice.
Bitters – I like to use Angostura Orange Bitters it adds depth flavor.
Spices – MY favorites to use are Cinnamon stick and star anise when mixing cocktails with whiskey.
Misc – Add sliced apples and oranges to garnish.
The mixology in the Apple Cider Whiskey Smash:
You really don’t need fancy or expensive equipment to make cocktails. However if you are really serious about starting a bar at home, in this blog post I talk about about the basic things you should have to get you started.
First, Pour all the ingredients in the mixing glass and with the bar spoon mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Then, add two big ice cubes into two small glasses ( like old fashioned) and pour mix through the strainer.
Lastly, garnish with apple and orange slices.
- Can I use a different spirit?
You can use Bourbon or Canadian whiskey in lieu of Whiskey.
- How can I make the Apple Cider Whiskey Smash non Alcoholic?
I substitute the whiskey for Non Alcoholic Whiskey like Zero Proof.
- What can I use instead of maple syrup in the Apple Cider Whiskey Smash?
I have used butterscotch instead but if you want to leave it out then you can add regular simple syrup.
- What can I use instead of Apple Cider?
You can use pear juice.
- What can I pair this Apple Cider Whiskey Smash with?
This cocktails pairs well with a Fall Charcuterie Board, Fig Goat Cheese Prosciutto Bread Pudding and Easy Chorizo Egg and Gruyere Cheese Casserole – with Everything Bagel.
Easy Apple Cider Whiskey Smash
- cocktail glass + strainer
- jigger + bar spoon
- two small glasses
- 5 oz Uncle Nearest Whiskey
- 8 oz Apple Cider
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- 2 Cinnamon sticks + Star Anise
- Sliced apples and oranges for garnish
- Pour all the ingredients in the mixing glass and with the bar spoon mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- In two small glasses ( like old fashioned), add two big ice cubes, pour mix.
- Garnish with apple slices, orange slices, cinnamon sticks + star anise.