With fresh apple cider, apple spiced wine, bourbon and sparkling water make this cocktail a holiday favorite. Here is how to make a Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria.
This Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria is always a hit anytime I make it for a gathering. The secret is using fresh apple cider and good bourbon.
Here are other recipes that pair well with this Sangria:
- Fig Goat Cheese Prosciutto Bread Pudding
- Fall Harvest Charcuterie Board
- Apple Cider Spiced Cake
- Challah Mascarpone Blueberry French Toast Casserole
What do you need to make this Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria?
You can always substitute with what you have on hand but remember that when substituting an ingredient it might alter the end result.
Also the recipe card is below with complete measures.
Here is what you will need:
- Fresh Apple Cider - You can always find fresh apple cider at Target or at your local supermarket. However, in the event that you can't find it, Trader Joe's has a good apple cider. They also carry a spiced version.
- Apple Flavored Wine - I love to use flavored wine in Sangrias because they enhance the flavor. You can always use Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé.
- Bourbon - Four Roses Bourbon is my top choice anytime I make a cocktail or recipe that calls for Bourbon.
- Sparkling Water - For this recipe I used Topo Chico because it is unmatched when it comes to the fizz. You can always use Club soda which has that fizz that you want in the sangria.
- Spices and Aromatics - I used cinnamon stick and star anise for warmth. If you are not a fan of either you can always leave them out. Adding a Rosemary sprig gives it a great earthy flavor.
- Fruit - Sangria must have fruit so I used orange and apple slices, and cranberries.
The Mixology in the Apple Cider Sangria:
- In a large pitcher add the orange and apple slices.
- Add the Apple cider.
- Pour all the apple wine contents into the pitcher.
- Add the orange, apple slices and cranberries.
- Top with sparkling water and add rosemary sprig, cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Add ice to a short glass, add the sangria, and garnish with cinnamon stick, star anise and rosemary sprig. Enjoy!
Frequent Asked Questions:
- What is Sangria?
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage that originated in Spain and Portugal. It is mainly made with red wine but white or rose wine can be used. Then fruit is added and spices. It is one of the most popular drinks is Spain and Portugal.
2. What other spirit can I use instead of Bourbon in Sangria?
You can use Whiskey, Rum or Reposado or Añejo Tequila.
3. How can I make Sangria kids friendly?
To make this kid friendly you can omit the wine, bourbon and sparkling water and instead you can use Martinelli's Apple Cider which is sparkly.
4. Can I make this Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria ahead of time?
Sure thing! You can make this sangria ahead of time, just don't add the sparkling water until you are ready to serve.
*Always drink responsibly 21+*
Sparkling Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria
- Bar Spoon
- Measuring cup
- 6 short glasses
- 1 Bottle of Apple Spiced Wine or any White wine
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- ¼ cups Four Roses Bourbon or your favorite brand
- 1 bottle of Topo Chico
- ⅓ cup Cranberries
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple sliced
- 1 Navel Orange cut in sliced
- Star Anise + Cinnamon Sticks + Rosemary Sprigs
- In a pitcher add the fruit, wine, apple cider, bourbon, sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with anise, cinnamon stick, apple +orange slices, cranberry and rosemary!