Valentine's day is around the corner. Since we are still staying home you can make this Sweet and Savory Date Night Charcuterie Board it is fun and an interactive way to celebrate with your love ones! or on any date night! This is the perfect Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board.
What to add to the Valentine's Day Board?
This is a great Valentine's day or Date night Charcuterie Board idea. It is interactive. It is something fun to do with your partner even with the kids. Trader Joe's or Aldi are my favorite places to get everything I need and you can make a board for about 30 dollars and it will feed about 4-6 people.
Let's start with cheese - I always like a soft and creamy cheese like Brie. I also like to include goat cheese, the one I used here has blackberry and vanilla flavors added to it. A trio of cheeses from Trader Joe's is a great addition. A semi soft like Gouda. Lastly a firm cheese like Asiago or Manchego. Here I used an herb Asiago. You can always add Blue cheese or Gorgonzola.
Cured Meats - My trio is always prosciutto, capicola, and hard salami. You can also use pepperoni, Jamón ibérico or Soppressata. You can always omit the cured meats if that is your preference.
Fruits - Because I wanted to keep everything Valentine's themed, I used raspberries, craisins and strawberries.
Crackers/Cookies - La Panzanella are my got to in my boards. Here I also used Trader Joe's Beet crackers, they are delicious! Also added white merengues.
Candy - This is the best part! There can't be a Valentine's board without candy! I used Dove hearts, Kit Kat Raspberry Cream, Reese's Hearts, Pink and red M&M's, and Pocky.
Sauces/Jams - Since I used candy, I limited the additional amount of sweet added. I used honey. For other boards I have used Fig butter and berry jam.
Putting together the Valentine's Day Board.
Put the brie cheese in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until firm. While the cheese freezes, start by making the salami rose. Cut the salami in half, align in rows and roll.
Then cut the salami into heart shapes with a cookie cutter. Place in the center of the board.
Pour candy in two ramekins. Here is used two heart shaped ramekins I found at Target.
Add the trio of cheese and goat cheese.
Take the brie out of the freezer and with a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut into the cheese. You can use different size cookie cutters. Place the cheese on the board towards the edge.
Add the fruits and the honey ramekin.
Start filling the empty spaces with crackers, merengues and the rest of the meats.
Top with Dove candy and merengues
Add the Pocky and any other candy that you like.
Bring the cheeses to room temperature. Except for any soft cheeses if you wan to use a cookie cutter.
Cut the fruit and vegetables beforehand.
Line the board with parchment paper. It makes for easy clean up later.
You can use different type of mini bowls, mason jars or ramekins.
What Cocktails Pairs with this Valentine's Day Board?
Other Popular Charcuterie Boards:
Don't Forget to Pin it for later on Pinterest.
If you make this tag me on Instagram! @hungrytravelingmama
Happy Date night!!
Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board
- 1 Wood Board
- Ramekins + heart shaped ramekin
- Cheese knives
- Brie Cheese
- Cream cheese log - I used Blackberry flavored Trader Joe's
- Trio of cheese - Iberico, Manchego & Goat cheese Trader Joe's
- Rosemary Flavored cheddar - Any flavored semi hard cheese works
- 1 pkg Salami
- 1 pkg Prosciutto
- 1 pkg Capicola
- Raspberies, Cranberries & Strawberries
- 1 pkg Panzanella Crackers
- 1 box Beet Crackers
- 1 pkg Merengues
- Raspberry Jam
- 1 bag Kit Kat Raspberry Cream Flavored
- 1 bag Dove Hearts
- 1 bag Reeses Hearts
- 1 bag Red and Pink M&M's
- 1 Box Strawberry Pocky
- Put the brie cheese in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- While the cheese freezes, start by making the salami rose. Cut the salami in half, align in rows and roll. Then cut the salami into heart shapes with a cookie cutter. Place in the center of the board.
- Pour candy in two ramekins.
- Add the trio of cheese and goat cheese.
- Take the brie out of the freezer and with a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut into the cheese. You can use different size cookie cutters. Place the cheese on the board towards the edge
- Add the fruits and the honey ramekin.
- Start filling the empty spaces with crackers, merengues and the rest of the meats.
- Top with Dove candy and merengues
- Add the Pocky and any other candy that you like.